Rules Of Play
In order to ensure everyone feels safe and comfortable at our events, we have 5 simple Rules of Play:
1) Play nicely with others:
- Gaming is for everyone! Be mindful of words and actions while gaming to help ensure that all attendees feel welcome. Inappropriate language and behaviour will not be tolerated, and offenders may be asked to leave the event.
2) Have each other’s back:
- It’s can be hard to deal with harassment alone. Do your best to stand up for other players if you hear or see inappropriate language or behaviour. The Vault team take complaints of this nature very seriously and will strive to handle complaints fairly and impartially.
3) Be a good sport:
- Remember that the purpose of gaming is to have fun. Please do not let conflict about rules, points or the outcome of games affect other player’s ability to enjoy their gaming experience. In official competitions (e.g. MTG drafts) assigned judges will adjudicate any disputes, and cheating of any kind will not be tolerated.
4) Be a good guest:
- Please be respectful and courteous to members, other guests, and any staff working at the venues that host our events.
5) Don’t be that guy:
- Drugs, illegal substances and BYO alcohol (unless permitted by the venue) are not allowed under any circumstances. Attendees found with inappropriate substances will be removed from the venue immediately and detained by police or security as necessary. Any illegal behaviour will be reported to the proper authorities.
Inappropriate language includes, but is not limited to, slurs based on gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, and disability.
Inappropriate actions include, but are not limited to, verbal, physical, psychological or sexual harassment.
Verbal harassment is the deliberate use of language to make another person feel uncomfortable outside the context of a game.
Physical harassment is any deliberate, unwanted physical contact.
Psychological harassment is unwanted hostile behaviour, threats or intimidation.
Sexual harassment is teasing, jokes, innuendo, photos/images, gestures, touching, or ‘gifts’ of an unwanted sexual nature, or repeated, deliberate invasion of personal space.