THIS POLICY HAS BEEN UPDATED TO REFLECT CURRENT ADVISE AND REQUIREMENTS FROM BOTH QLD HEALTH AND THE OFFICE OF LIQUOR AND GAMING REGULATION.
As Vault Games is a hybrid retail and entertainment venue, from 6pm AEST on Friday 4 March 2022, Vault Games will only allow customers to enter the store if they are fully vaccinated and masks will not be required to be worn when in the store, provided you are fully vaccinated. If you wish to continue playing and shopping at our bricks & mortar location, here's how:
1 - BE FULLY VACCINATED
Protect yourself, your family, and your community by ensuring you are double-dose vaccinated. This will allow you to enter the store and take full advantage of any events we may be offering. If you haven't been vaccinated yet and would like to be, you can book your vaccination right now at http://www.health.qld.gov.au/vaccinebookings
The only accepted proof of vaccination will be the following:
- a COVID-19 digital certificate
- your immunisation history statement (IHS) with at least 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations
- an International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate for overseas travel.
You can link your COVID-19 digital certificate to your QLD Check-In app to make the entire check-in procedure smoother. Here's a link to show you how.
2 - HAVE A MEDICAL EXEMPTION
If you have a legitimate medical exemption, or believe that you could be medically exempt from being vaccinated, you MUST get that exemption in writing from a qualified medical practitioner that has the authority to issue that exemption, and have it on your person when in the store in case the authorities check.
The only accepted proof of medical exemption will be the following:
- an Australian Immunisation RegisterMedical Certificate stating that a person is exempted from getting a COVID-19 vaccination.
While this is a decision that has been taken out of our hands, it is one we welcome. When the possibility of this restriction was first flagged a few weeks back, we had made the decision internally to protect the health and safety of you, our community, and our staff, and were going to go down this path.
Frequently Asked Questions
DO I STILL NEED TO WEAR A MASK?
No. If you are fully vaccinated, you no longer are required to wear a mask when moving around the store, though you are welcome to if you would like. If you are unvaccinated without a legitimate medical exemption or contraindication, your process is unchanged. Please see below.
WILL I STILL NEED TO CHECK IN?
Yes. All people entering the store, vaccinated or not will be required to check in using the QLD Check In app, and show your vaccination status to the team when asked. Refusal to do so will result in you being asked to leave, no exceptions.
WHAT IF I AM UNVACCINATED?
Unvaccinated Patrons must follow the below rules:
- You are not allowed to enter the store past the bottom of the stairs
- You must have a face covering to be served
- You can only pick up a previously-placed order, or request to purchase a specific item as you cannot browse the store
- If you are a library subscriber, you can drop off your game hires and can request games to hire. Out staff will be more than happy to retrieve any games you want to hire from teh library for you. You can peruse the store’s game library online at https://vaultgamesbne.libib.com/
CAN'T I JUST SHOW YOU A NEGATIVE TEST?
No. We have outlined what is acceptable above.
WHAT IF I REFUSE TO SHOW MY VACCINATION STATUS?
If you refuse or are unwilling to show your vaccination status to our staff, you will be treated as an Unvaccinated Patron and must follow the rules outlined above.
Aggression or Harassment is unwelcome at Vault Games. Anyone acting in such a manner will be asked to leave and will not be served, no matter what.
I DON'T AGREE WITH THE GOVERNMENT'S DECISION ABOUT MANDATORY VACCINATION - CAN I TAKE THIS UP WITH YOU?
No, sorry. Our staff are already under pressure to comply with these decisions, and are just doing their job. Any abuse or aggressive actions towards our team or other members of the community will result in an instant ban.