Indie Boards and Cards
Availability : Out of Stock - Order-In
We currently have 0 available.
You are head of a family in an Italian city-state, a city run by a weak and corrupt court. You need to manipulate, bluff and bribe your way to power. Your object is to destroy the influence of all the other families, forcing them into exile. Only one family will survive...
In Coup, you want to be the last player with influence in the game, with influence being represented by face-down character cards in your playing area.
Each player starts the game with two coins and two influence - i.e., two face-down character cards; the fifteen card deck consists of three copies of five different characters, each with a unique set of powers:
- Duke: Take three coins from the treasury. Block someone from taking foreign aid.
- Assassin: Pay three coins and try to assassinate another player's character.
- Contessa: Block an assassination attempt against yourself.
- Captain: Take two coins from another player, or block someone from stealing coins from you.
- Ambassador: Draw two character cards from the Court (the deck), choose which (if any) to exchange with your face-down characters, then return two. Block someone from stealing coins from you.
On your turn, you can take any of the actions listed above, regardless of which characters you actually have in front of you, or you can take one of three other actions:
- Income: Take one coin from the treasury.
- Foreign aid: Take two coins from the treasury.
- Coup: Pay seven coins and launch a coup against an opponent, forcing that player to lose an influence. (If you have ten coins or more, you must take this action.)
When you take one of the character actions - whether actively on your turn, or defensively in response to someone else's action - that character's action automatically succeeds unless an opponent challenges you. In this case, if you can't (or don't) reveal the appropriate character, you lose an influence, turning one of your characters face-up. Face-up characters cannot be used, and if both of your characters are face-up, you're out of the game.
If you do have the character in question and choose to reveal it, the opponent loses an influence, then you shuffle that character into the deck and draw a new one, perhaps getting the same character again and perhaps not.
The last player to still have influence - that is, a face-down character - wins the game!
Shipment Processing Time
All orders, if the item was in-stock at the time of purchase, are processed within 2 business days of the order being placed, or, if the item was out of stock at the time of purchase, within 2 business days of the product arriving in store.
Preorders are processed in a timeframe that allows for the product to arrive on or after the release date.
Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or public holidays.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone.
Shipping Rates & Delivery Estimates
Orders to non-PO Box addresses are shipped via courier at a flat rate of $12 per order. Please note parcels have authority to leave, unless you request otherwise.
Orders to PO Box addresses are shipped via AusPost at a flat rate of $12 per order.
Delivery delays can occasionally occur. If you feel your order has been significantly delayed, please contact us at by clicking here.
Returns & Refunds
Our Return & Refund Policy provides detailed information about options and procedures for returning your order.